The Great Canadian Baking Show is now less than four weeks away from making its return to CBC, and today, the culinary competition revealed the Canadian competitors who will soon be vying for the title of Canada’s best baker on October 2.
Like seasons past, this year’s competition will consist of eight episodes and one holiday special. Much to the delight of viewers such as ourselves, the sixth season will also feature Ann Pornel and Alan Shane Lewis returning to their hosting duties, as well as chefs Kyla Kennaley and Bruno Feldeisen returning to the judges’ panel.
This year’s competitor pool will once again see an Ontario majority, with the remaining chefs coming from Quebec, Alberta, and B.C. Unfortunately, whether due to a lack of applications or otherwise, this year’s series will see no East Coast, Saskatchewan, Manitoban or Northern Canadian representation.
Here are The Great Canadian Baking Show Season 6 competitors:
- Nigel Batchelor (he/him), 32, a grad student from Winnipeg, MB
- Kristi Carey (she/her), 29, a grant and proposal writer from Toronto, ON
- John Fowler (he/him), 49, a university administrator from Victoria, BC
- Lydiane Gaborieau (she/her), 35, a biobank manager from Montreal, QC
- André Hayde (he/him), 46, an ESL teacher and personal trainer from Ottawa, ON
- Jomar Manzano (he/him), 36, a structural engineer from Toronto, ON
- Chi Nguyễn (they/she), 35, a chief operating officer from Toronto, ON
- Rosemary O'Neill (she/her), 64, a federal security advisor from Ottawa, ON
- Zoya Thawer (she/her), 33, a pediatric endocrinologist from Edmonton, AB
- Lauren Tjoe (she/her), 21, a finance student from Tsawwassen, BC
The Great Canadian Baking Show premieres on CBC and CBC Gen on Sunday, October 2 at 8 p.m. (ET).