And just like that, the crazy new midway foods of Calgary Stampede 2023 have been revealed.
It should come as no suprise that 10s of 1000s of locals and tourists alike seek out the wild (and occasionally, literally gag-worthy) creations on the midway each Stampede. As the years have gone by, the vendor creations have only gotten more and more quirky, resulting in a whirlwind of artificial colours, odd flavour intermingling, and beyond indulgent food and drink items.
The craziest Stampede midway foods for 2023 are the following offerings:
- mustard and ketchup ice cream (the mac 'n' cheese soft serve
- Kool-Aid fried chicken sandwich
- pickled french fries (yes, you read that right)
- street corn lemonade
- neon hot dogs
- flamin' hot dill cookie (think a love child of Flamin' Hot Cheetos and pickles in cookie form?)
A few less crazy, but more clever (and possibly even tasty?) standouts from the new midway foods list include:
- poutine colossal onion (sure-fire hangover cure)
- cotton candy light sabre (for kids and Star-Wars-loving adults alike)
- quesabirria ramen
- falafel perogies
- peanut butter pickle dog (evolution of the pickle corn dog)
A full list of the 57 new midway foods for the 2023 Calgary Stampede can be viewed on the Stampede's website.